Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I told you that was a bad idea!

I locked my keys in my car yesterday. That's only the second most annoying thing about this story.

I start work at 8:30 every morning. Due to traffic fluctuations, I like to leave the house no later than 7:45, which means I generally arrive by 8:15. I then spend the next 15 minutes sitting in the car reading; I don't like going into the office because I'll then be drawn into starting work early (not sure why that's really a bad thing, but never mind).

Anyway, yesterday I was sitting in the car reading with the radio off. I decided the radio was just distracting me, so I switched it off, leaving the keys in the ingnition, but the power completely off. I recall thinking to myself, "that's a bad idea. You'll leave the keys in the car." I decided I would remember.

And I did remember. Immediately as the door left my hand to slam shut. In that very instant I recalled that my keys needed retrieved. Too late, of course.

So, the solution was, of course, to have someone come, get the apartment keys, fetch my spare set, and bring them to me. Sadly, though, while I could have told you in an instant where the spare keys were at home, or in Yeovil, I haven't yet bedded in the new flat enough to be able to do that with more than about 90% certainty. So, I had to get picked up and go personally to get the keys. Which were, of course, where I thought they probably were.

Anyway, many thanks to Richard and, especially, Leigh for helping me out.

No comments: