Thursday, July 06, 2006

Oh come on!

Yesterday, I finally found a bit of legislation that might help in my internet struggles (The Competition Act of 1998 specifically forbids the sorts of shenanigans currently being promulgated, with a maximum penalty of 10% of the annual worldwide turnover of the offending companies). I'm not sure quite how to use that information, since it's unlikely to get a result before this all gets sorted out anyway, and I only really want to walk away (although I am considering going for the jugular anyway, both out of a desire for revenge and a sense of justice).

So, I was feeling a bit better about myself, despite my sore neck.

Then my Sky channels started acting up. I think this may be a result of the heavy rain we had yesterday afternoon, but about a third of my channels are now gone! (Not many of the ones I actually watch are gone, but that's hardly the point, is it?)

The most frustrating thing about all this is that when I moved in there were certain tasks that I needed to sort out before I felt I could get back to living my life, which included sorting out Sky and getting internet access. And it's started to seem that those are impossible tasks, despite their seeming simplicity.

There are two morals of this story:

1) Clearly, I need to marry a lawyer. Although doing so specifically to seek revenge on some disreputably companies may not be the best of all motives.

2) I've long suspected that God is having great fun at my expense. I hope He's amused by this latest development. I know I'm not.

1 comment:

Captain Ric said...

Top marks for the use of the word promulgated though.