Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Car trouble - but is it a bad thing?

I got in the car this morning to take back those contact lenses, only to find that the damp had gotten into the brake, and so it wouldn't move. Consequently, I had to get the AA out. He very quickly fixed the problem - although even he was mystified as to how. He was in the process of removing the tyre to hit the brake with his hammer when the whole thing suddenly released.

Anyway, with brakes there are broadly two things that can go wrong - either they can lock on, or they can fail to work when you need them. On balance, I would rather have the first problem.

More to the point, the only reason I was using the car was to take those lenses back. Were it not for that, the next time I would use the car would be tomorrow morning, when I needed it to get to work. So, all in all, better to have the problem today.

Interesting, is it not?

No comments: