Saturday, March 10, 2007

The Squirrel Ballet joke

Note: Graeme has threatened that if I ever tell this joke again, he will kill me. So, if I suddenly go quiet after this, you'll know what has happened.

Anyway, for his 60th birthday celebrations, my family whisked our father off to Barend Holiday Village, a holiday park in Dunfries & Galloway where we had spent several summers in '89, '90 and, I think '91, as well as some Easter holidays a bit later on. There we spent the weekend engaged in all manner of fun and games, somehow avoiding the festive arguments that normal families seem to engage in at times like this. (Sadly, Paul wasn't able to make it, on account of working that weekend. But, other than that, the whole family was there.)

The site had a pool, complete with sauna, on it, and on the Saturday, while making my way from the pool back to the chalet, I chanced to see the local squirrel population, which was in rehearsals for their part in the site's weekly entertainment, a variety performance put on my the local fauna.

For their part, the squirrels had decided to entertain through the medium of ballet. Naturally, they were doing a selection from the Nutcracker Suite.

1 comment:

Chris said...

It is rare that a post on someone's blog makes me feel so culpable.

Sorry world.

And yes, Richard, I am a fool.

My guess was Clytemnestra by Martha Graham and Halim El-Dabh.

Next time, think!