Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Cash flow... not a problem

It's always nice to find you have more money than you previously thought.

This week, Scottish Gas finally sent out my bill, which wasn't entirely nice. However, it was less than half of what they had previously attempted to charge, and was about a hundred pounds less than I had expected and set aside for that purpose.

Nice.

Then, today, I received my pay slip for this month, and found that the bonuses had been paid out. Given that I hadn't realised until recently that I might be getting a bonus, this represented a few hundred pounds that I didn't know I had.

Very nice.

Now, obviously, the sensible thing to do with this money is to take it and place it in my ISA, and keep it nice and safe, and collect lots of interest. So, I'm not going to do that.

But, on what shall I spend this windfall? A big party? A myriad of silly hats? Or perhaps a part share in that Death Star I always wanted...

(Actually, I'm going to buy a laptop, but that's probably less fun than any of the other three options.)

No comments: