Wednesday, May 09, 2007

200th post!

The 100th post on this blog was marked dedicated to David Hasslehoff. Since this is the 200th post, I feel I should dedicate it to another cultural icon, one to have had an equal impact on my psyche. I refer, of course, to Paris Hilton.

Personally, I think it's an absolute travesty that this poor innocent has been sentenced to jail time. Clearly, she is being singled out by a judge out to make a name for himself. After all, she surely cannot be expected to understand that a revoked license means you do not drive. I mean, it's not like she could read the order banning her - it was hidden away in her glove compartment! And it must be quite beyond her faculties to consider that if the license was revoked for drink driving, it might not be a good idea to drive under the influence again.

Nope, it seems obvious to me that this is a case of there being one law for the rich, and another for the poor. Free the Hilton one!

Seriously, though, I shouldn't be too hard on Paris. To be absolutely fair to her, I should point out that I did rather enjoy "House of Wax", and at least in part because of her role in it. Additionally, her musical effort "Stars Are Blind" was actually really good in almost every regard. If it weren't for the lead vocalist, it would have been great.

No comments: