Thursday, July 19, 2007

Speaking of things being much better than expected...

and in the interests of giving credit where it is due, I should probably note that I have been finding Avril Lavigne's latest effort "When You're Gone" astonishingly excellent.

Now, I'm not a great fan of Avril's. I'm a little old for the whole teen-angst thing, and she's a bit young for fanciability. My favourite Avril Lavigne comment of all time was from waaay back, where someone noted that the key difference, at the lowest level, between matter and anti-matter is that the particles spin in opposite directions. As such, then, Avril Lavigne and Britney Spears would be the matter and anti-matter versions of one another - they are exactly the same except for the respective spin. (Of course, that was before Britney went entirely off the rails.)

But anyway, I really like that song.

No comments: