Thursday, October 04, 2007

I got committed!

Yes, it's true, I'm now typing this from a padded cell.

Or, perhaps not.

Last night, my band had our AGM. As it all too often the case, it was an incredibly dull meeting, at which all the wonders of organisation by committee were displayed. I'm really not a fan of that structure, or democracy as a whole frankly, but some people seem to think it's a good idea.

Anyway, one of the features of the AGM was the election of a new committee, which generally involved the same people being appointed to the same posts without fuss (which is fair enough - the committee actually is doing a good job, part of the reason the meeting was so dull).

So, the 'big' positions filled up quickly: Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, Pipe Major, Lead Drummer...

but there's also a position on the committee for a "Piper's Representative", someone to speak for the little guy. And, when the selection came up, in an instant my name was put forward, seconded, and approved... all before I could say, "don't be foolish! You crazy people!"

So, now I'm a part of the system, working to oppress the common man by providing the illusion of representation. Or something.

On the other hand, this does represent an addition, if only a minor one, to my already PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWERS. So that's quite nice.

1 comment:

Captain Ric said...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again (no doubt). You have no PHENOMINAL COSMIC POWER. You don't even have Phe.

Ooh, but let the oppression begin. That sounds fun.