Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Experimental Cookery Tuesday #10: Broccoli and Pesto Tagliatelle

It's never a good sign when you get to the end of the recipe, and find you have ingredients left. Especially when it's one of the defining ingredients in the dish you are preparing. So, it was something of a shock when I found I had the broccoli stalks left over when preparing this dish. Turns out they should have been added early. Oh well, I don't think they would have made much difference.

This is the final "Experimental Cookery Tuesday" of this year (although...), and it's another pasta dish. Sadly, as with the "Baked Camembert Pasta", it really felt lacking due to the absence of some meat. I mean, it was nice enough and all, but...

This one was really on a par with last week's effort. It was nice enough, and I won't have any problems eating up the other three servings that were made, but I don't expect I'll be making it again in the future. It's too much hassle for what results. Shame, that.

Since I didn't award Jamie the point last week, I'm withholding it again this week, for much the same reasons. This means that he is now 2-1 down in the pasta chapter! Worse, next up is "Macaroni Cauliflower Cheese Bake", which again forgoes the meat portion of the meal. In fact, of the remaining four meals in this chapter, only one features meat at all.

No comments: