Friday, March 13, 2009

One Down

As of last night, my telephone line has finally been renumbered. So, that's that done. The list is now down to three entries.

The word on my internet connection is that it might be another week yet before it is connected. To say that is annoying is an understatement, but there's nothing can be done about it (allegedly).

With a lot of luck, I'll get Sky connected on Monday. To be honest, I don't hold out too much hope for this. However, even if it were to be connected, I've now missed several episodes of each of the shows I watch, and with the heavy continuity those shows all use, there's very little point in trying to jump back in. Sigh.

The only other task on my list is finding a new GP. I have a list of phone numbers for all the local practices, so it's really just a matter of phoning around. I'll try to get on with that today.

And that should do it - once these are all completed, the process of moving in will finally be complete. And, in under the five months it took to finally get broadband in my previous flat.

1 comment:

M said...

I am moving in two weeks and I tried to cancel my dish and phone and they gave me money off my bill for the next year with no moving costs, so I couldn't say no! However I will be without internet for one week and I am not happy about it, but oh well. Can you watch any old episodes of your favourite shows on the internet? We can do that here and there is something called www.hulu.com and you can see some stuff there. Might give you a chance to catch up.