Sunday, May 17, 2009

Experimental Cookery Tuesday #35: Evolution Potato Salad

Somewhat belated post this week; I had the salad on Tuesday as scheduled, but wasn't able to find time to update the blog until now.

This one consisted of boiled potatoes dressed with a lemon dressing, with added chives, yoghurt, lemon zest, and bacon. I also had burgers with it, which proved to be a mistake, being a bit too heavy. Oh, and I also added a selection of cheeses, per the suggestion in the book.

Well, the cheeses were fantastic. There was a nice cheddar-and-onion, and a very nice wenselydale-and-cranberry. Very impressive.

As for the potato salad? Well, it was nice enough, but nothing really to blog about. I guess if I were a potato salad-fiend, I might be more impressed, but as it is, it struck me as okay but not something I'd really bother with again.

So, I'm calling that a loss, giving a score of 2-1 on salads. Next week (this week) is an "Evolution Tomato Salad", which should be quite nice.

#21: "Pathfinder: The Jackal's Price", by Darrin Drader
#22: "Lord of the Flies" by William Golding

No comments: