Sunday, May 17, 2009

My Life in Random

This week, I discovered an odd discrepancy between my home PC and the one at work. At home, if I open Media Player and hit Play, it will start back up where it left off - with the same track from the same album. At work, doing the same causes it to put together a random playlist of about eight hours of music from my library, and play that from the start. Which is quite good fun. And so I found myself listening to "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" at one point this week. I certainly intend to.

They say it's a really bad sign when visions of the upcoming weekend are all that get you through Monday morning. It's an even worse sign when visions of the upcoming Monday are all that get you through Saturday morning. I have been absurdly tired all week, and have only now begun to recover. Those eleven hours of sleep this morning might have something to do with that.

Pineapple smoothies don't really work. The flavour of the pineapple isn't really strong enough to overcome the flavour of the banana. So, they're nice enough, but they might as well just be banana smoothies really.

"Coraline" is a very good film, in the same mould as "The Nightmare Before Christmas" and "The Corpse Bride". It's probably not quite as good as "Nightmare", but about on a par with "Bride". However, I don't think the 3D quite works, or perhaps it is just my eyes. Regardless, I think I prefer my films in glorious 2D, the way Spielberg intended.

Speaking of 3D, in order to get the effect one has to wear silly glasses. These glasses allow one to see a whole extra dimension. I was therefore most disappointed to find that, we I looked at something that was already three-dimensional, I wasn't able to see the future.

The ending of "Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles" was awesome, and left a lot of unanswered questions, the biggest of which was "Now what?". Normally, I couldn't wait for the next season. Sadly, it has been cancelled.

Despite my assertion that I was done with "Heroes", I relented, having been assured by friends that Volume Four was much better. This turned out to be incorrect. I'm now really done with "Heroes". One day, I might blog about just what has gone wrong, and why the show shouldn't be fixed.

I have now read 22 books, that being my target for the end of this month. With two whole weeks left in the month, I don't know whether to carry on into the next couple of books, or to take a break. Truly, this is a dilemma on a par with the yoghurt issue.

I've run out of material. I'll stop now. Maybe I'll go read a book. Or not.

(Perhaps if I wear the magic future-glasses, I can pretend I'm reading a book from next month? Would that be too silly?)

No comments: