Sunday, May 08, 2011

Experimental Cookery 2011 #5: Incredibly Naughty Mini Toad-in-the-Hole

Source: Baking Made Easy, by Lorraine Pascale (p. 102)
Cook Time: Approx 80 minutes, including a 30 minute wait and a 25 minute wait.
Difficulty: Easy
Servings: The book claims 12, but I made a half batch. The book seems accurate
Equipment used: Chopping board, sharp knife, fork, teaspoon, tablespoon, measuring jug, baking tray, muffin tin

This is one of my dad's favourites, but done in a rather more involved style. I was curious to find how this version stacked up.

The truth is, not too well. The major advantage of toad-in-the-hole is that it's dead simple, and the same is not true here. Sure, it's easy, and the results are a little better, but I don't think they're "better enough" to justify the extra effort.

That said, they were nice indeed. It's also worth noting that "Baking Made Easy" is rapidly becoming one of my favourite cook books.

Result: Excellent. 7/10

No comments: