Friday, May 27, 2011

Experimental Cookery 2011 #6: Sticky Lemon Chicken with "Champ"

Source: Gordon Ramsay's Fast Food
Cook Time: About 20 minutes prep plus 20 minutes cooking
Difficulty: Easy
Servings: I made enough for three
Equipment used: Frying pan, 2 saucepans, chopping board, sharp knives, spoons, etc.

Well, I was due another complete disaster, and this was it.

The cooking of the chicken was nice and simple. I perhaps added too much salt and pepper, but it wasn't bad. Otherwise, it was just a case of adding things at the right time, and keeping a watchful eye.

But with the potato, I went badly wrong. Basically, I added way too much milk and cream to the potato. My own fault really, but I ended up with a runny slop that was fit only for the bin. Rather annoying, that, since it looked great right up to that point.

Result: 7/10 for the chicken; no score for the mashed potato

No comments: