Saturday, February 04, 2012

Even angrier...

I got an exciting telesales call this afternoon. It started innocuously enough, just a "survey". As soon as the guy started asking if I wanted to be phoned with some offer or other, though... beeep!

Oh yes, the new policy was working well.

Except that he called back promptly. He swore blind that this wasn't a telesales call - would I please continue.

Anyway, we proceeded with his 'survey', since that seemed the best way to get rid of him, right up until the end when he needed to confirm my first name. Could I please tell him? No, he didn't quite get that, could I try again? Could I spell it? He was really sorry, he just couldn't make it out...

At this point I really lost interest, and told him so. I then hung up again...

A moment later, the phone rang again. This time, it was Amil, the supervisor. He was terribly sorry, but the original guy was new, and...

I cut him off at this point. I stated that I didn't mind that the guy was new, but I had absolutely no intention of continuing the conversation....

Amil came back, protesting further...

"I'm done with this conversation. Do not call back." And I hung up again.

Unbelievably, the phone rang again. Amil started to speak...

"We're done!" I snarled, and hung up. For good measure, I proceeded to unplug the house phone.

So, if you're thinking of contacting me, my mobile is the best way for the time being.

Bastards. (No, not you.)

No comments: