Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Cactus?

I've eaten some strange things in my time. I ate sushi in London (and again recently, to prove a point). I ate kangaroo in France. I ate horse, also in France (which was actually a lot nicer than you might think).

But I never expected to eat cactus. I mean, surely the mechanics alone would seem to prevent that?

Well, it turns out that cactus is a not-unpleasant vegetable. It's very fleshy, and has a very slightly bitter taste. But it was rather nice actually.

So, add another one to the list!

#14: "The Many Deaths of the Black Company", by Glen Cook

3 comments:

Chris said...

I fear for your pet.

Steph/ven said...

Sadly, I fear young Jeremy may well have expired. He hasn't been his usual prickly self of late. :(

Kezzie said...

I'd like to try it!!!!