Monday, January 20, 2014

Drained

As I noted a few weeks ago, I wasn't at all sorry to see 2013 go - it wasn't a bad year, but it wasn't a particularly good one either. And 2014 has thus far proven to be rather better, with things appearing to start up pretty well, and with lots of good stuff to come later in the year.

There's just one problem: I'm knackered!

Really, the issue stems from this weekend, when I didn't really do a huge amount, but unfortunately I also didn't get enough sleep, and when I did sleep it wasn't of very high quality. Especially with the spider-related interruption, but I digress.

Somewhat ominously, the previous two weeks have actually been 'light' weeks in terms of business, with things only now returning to their full, manic glory after Christmas - the game resumes tomorrow, and I'm out on Wednesday also. Coupled with band, then, that means I have something on every night this week until Friday. Eek.

Still, it should be good. I'm particularly looking forward to the game tomorrow, when I get to start taking advantage of the work I've been doing over the last month to make the game both easier to prep, and also in taking it in a new direction. (One of my players has also dropped out, thus confirming that my change of direction was indeed the right call.)

Now all I need to do is survive...

#3: "Stalking the Beast", by Howard Andrew Jones

No comments: