Thursday, February 26, 2015

Experimental Cookery 2015 #7: Beef in Oyster Sauce

I'm still playing catch-up with the experimental cookery for this year. I'm hoping I may catch up this weekend, but it may run on as far as the Easter holidays.

Anyway, this week's effort came from "Chinese Food Made Easy" by Ching-He Huang. It was a somewhat expensive meal to make, due entirely to the need for a piece of fillet steak, but was otherwise quick and simple - some chopping, a short period of marinading the beef, and then into the wok.

I was quite impressed with the results, which were tasty for a minimum of fuss. I was somewhat dismayed that LC didn't even try the pak choi, but I guess that's her choice - I'll restrict myself to complaining about it on my blog (when she least expects it). And I suspect we'll definitely have this again at some point.

And that's pretty much that.

No comments: