Monday, May 11, 2015

Experimental Cookery 2015 #18: Cajun Spiced Chicken with Potato Wedges and Chive Dip

I managed to sneak in an extra Experimental Cookery last night, thus bring me back on target for the year. Though I've also come to the realisation that I'm running out of material for the series - it looks like I've pretty much exhausted both "Jamie's Italy" and "Chinese Food Made Easy", and several of the other books I have provide only fairly slim pickings. So we'll see; I may retire this series early.

Last night's dinner came from "The Hairy Dieters: How to Love Food and Lose Weight" (the white cover), which is a great book. The meal took a little over half an hour to prepare from finish to end, and really wasn't difficult - the wedges cooked in the oven, the dip was a matter of stirring some ingredients together, and the actual cooking of the chicken involved putting it in a pan and turning it three times. Done.

The result was excellent - very tasty and quite filling. So, no complaints there, and I'll certainly make it again. (It didn't crack my top nine, though!) Following the disappointment of the duck, it was good to get back on track here.

This Week's Mug: Speaking of series coming to an end, I'm getting towards the end of my mug rotation - I think I have three or four left to use so might not make it into next month! This week's mug is a Transformers one - it is a sturdy white mug with Optimus on one side and Bumblebee on the other. Alas, these are the 'movie' versions of the characters, not the 'real' ones, but it will do. However, this mug was previously assigned to hot chocolate duties, so I'm betraying my own system by using it for coffee this week! I received this mug as a Christmas present several years ago, when it came packaged with a sachet of hot chocolate mix and mini marshmallows, hence it's role assignment.

No comments: