Saturday, September 12, 2015

Experimental Cookery 2015 #35: Sausage Fusilli and Creamy Garden Salad

This was actually Wednesday's dinner, but it has taken me a few days to write it up. Once again, it's from "Jamie's Fifteen Minute Meals", which is seeing extensive use at the moment. And, once again, it took considerably longer to put together - closer to 45 minutes end-to-end, though perhaps only 20 actually cooking.

This was basically a simple meal: pasta in a tomato-y sauce, with grilled sausage on top, and with a green salad. In the event, I over-did the fennel in the sauce quite significantly, and also over-catered the salad. The dressing on the salad was also okay, but not as good as some others we've had.

Despite that, it was a fine meal, and something I might well be inclined to have again. Though it is by no means threatening my "nominated nine!".

This coming week should feature two more meals from this book, thus finally getting me back to where I 'should' be. After that, things should hopefully start to get a bit more sane around here.

No comments: