Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Experimental Cookery 2015 #39: Hearty Spanish Paella with (not-)Sherry, Chorizo, and Prawns

As I said, I wanted to venture into a different book this week - this week's recipe comes from Lorraine Pascale's "Home Cooking Made Easy". I should also perhaps note that I've done paella before, at which point I noted that I'd want to try some other variants before settling on one.

This method was both quicker and easier than the Hairy Dieters one, and was also better - the use of chicken breast meat instead of thighs was an improvement, plus I didn't feel the need to remove the mussels from the whole! (We did use white wine in place of sherry, as I didn't want to invest in a whole bottle of something we'd almost never use.)

However, I did feel that this is a meal that would be much better reserved for a large number of people - the recipes I have are for six people, and cutting it down to two is difficult. Plus, it doesn't seem like it will reheat easily, which cuts down on the ability to make up big batches.

All in all, though, this was a success. Though I think I'm going to continue trying other methods.

No comments: