Thursday, January 05, 2017

Experimental Cookery 2017 #1: Pork Chow Mein

I should note at the outset that this series is not one of my goals for the year. I don't have any particular target in mind, nor even any particular number being considered in a not-a-goal kind of a way. However, I did get a couple of new cook books recently, so it's quite likely that 2017 may see at least a few Experimental Cookeries.

This one comes from the "Hairy Bikers' Meat Feasts" book, which I received for Christmas. As with many similar meals, it's very quick and easy to prepare, with most of the effort being involved in chopping up the vegetables. (And the key lesson for this meal is: make sure to prepare all the ingredients before applying heat to anything!) That done, it was a case of adding things to the wok in order and counting time.

The results were very tasty. I'm well pleased with this meal, and will almost certainly be tackling it again at some point. Perhaps the only things I think I'd be tempted to change might be the specific selection of vegetables and the addition of more noodles (or, at least, more noodles relative to the quantities of everything else). Otherwise, it was pretty good as-is.

#1: "Pathfinder: The Whisper Out of Time", by Richard Pett

No comments: