Thursday, May 11, 2006

TV that teases you

I lost interest in the X-Files somewhere in the middle of the third season. It had a strong premise, and some interesting mysteries. However, it rapidly became apparent that either they weren't going to reveal the truth or, more likely, there was no actual truth, and the writers were just making it up as they went along.

Lost is going the same way. The third episode of the second season was on on Tuesday, and finally some of the characters were sat down in front of a film that would explain some things! Except that when they watched the film it revealed... nothing. The film provided absolutely no new information. In fact, all it said was "every 108 minutes, you must enter a code, or else!!!"

I'm losing interest in Lost. If it's supposed to be a mystery, then it's time to stop messing around and provide us with some new information. If it's not, why are you jerking us around like that?
The show has until the end of this season to provide me with some answers. If not, I'm done.

(And yes, I'm very angry at that episode. Adding a new layer to the mystery is fine, but it's long past time we got some new answers. I don't watch TV to be frustrated.)

1 comment:

Julietbec said...

Lost looks like a complete and utter load of crap. I haven't been in England to see it though- I just get my info from celeb magazines