Friday, August 25, 2006

Ah! The penny drops

For the past two weeks, I've had bananas on my shopping list. No great reason for this, except that I'd been getting a bit bored of my daily apple, so thought I'd have something different.

On neither occasion did the supermarket have said bananas, so I got apples instead. Since I visit the supermarket at 9pm on a Monday evening, I had assumed that this lack was due to them having run out, which is a common occurance at that time, especially for items that they restock daily, such as bread and fruit, so I thought nothing of it.

It now turns out that there is a worldwide banana shortage.

Anyway, I can only conclude that this is all part of some villainous master-plan to restrict the supplies of bananas to 29 Acacia Road. The reason someone would wish to instigate such a heinous act should be obvious to all.

3 comments:

Amy said...

The penny so hadn't dropped with me! I'm allergic to bananas though so to be fair I probably wasn't looking...

Steph/ven said...

"This is 29 Acacia Road. And this is Eric, the schoolboy who leads an exciting double life. For when Eric eats a banana, an amazing transformation occurs. Eric is Bananaman! Ever alert for the call to action!"

Julietbec said...

Has it spread around the world? Pomgirl said it had happened in Australia ages ago