Friday, August 25, 2006

Ghostly

In order to not have to work yesterday morning without officially taking the time off, I had to work an absurdly long day on Wednesday (four or five whole hours!), followed by a late night yesterday, followed by an early morning today. So I'm quite tired.

However, it's nearly the weekend, so that'll be okay. I get to lie in tomorrow...

until 4.30 in the morning, that is.

My band are competing again tomorrow, and the bus leaves at 6 sharp. However, the taxi that will take me to the bus leaves at 5.30 sharp, and that means I need to get up no later than 4.30. Which is, annoyingly, just after my "don't bother going to bed" threshold, which is about 3. (Although I don't think I would survive without at least some sleep tonight.)

Anyway, my goal for tomorrow's competition is to try and get my band into the final, and then try not to come last.

One thing that concerns me a bit is that this is one of the biggest and most famous piping competitions in the world. Which means it's entirely possible that some of the members of my previous bands might be there. This is primarily of concern because when I left to go to Yeovil I actually faked my death, rather than saying goodbye, so they might be surprised to see me.

Perhaps if I happen to see one of them I'll quickly don a white sheet and run around saying "Wooooo!" a lot. I'll let you know.

1 comment:

Amy said...

You really faked your own death? Tricky. I'd love to see pics of the white sheet thing though. Brilliance.