Thursday, August 10, 2006

Lost Pen - The Mystery Deepens...

I haven't yet found my missing pen. I suspect it might be a write-off.

However, the mystery surrounding my replacement pen has deepened considerably. Initially, I was under the impression I was given it at my Ada training course. However, yesterday I had to fill in a stupid questionairre at home, and the pen I used was definately the one I got at that course (It had the name of the organisers on it).

Which leads to a new mystery - where did I get the Millward Brown pen? The truth is, I just don't know. Millward Brown are, apparently, consultants who help companies build strong brands... but I'm neither a company nor do I have my own brand (wouldn't that be cool, though?). So, I don't recall ever dealing with them.

There is also a correction to the origin story of the missing pen. Apparently, the souvenir my sister got me was a twisty pen with the stars 'n' stripes on it. The missing South Carolina pen was, instead, the souvenir my mother got me when she came back after having visited said sister in the States (specifically, one of the Carolinas - if only there were some clue as to which...). This has no bearing on anything - but details are important.

3 comments:

Julietbec said...

I don't have a favourite pen, as all the ones that have ever been known as such are now missing. All my pens are currently kept in one of the following places-
my handbag
my work bag (really just a big carrier bag full of crap)
my gym bag
the table in the classroom I was working in two weeks ago
under my bed
somebody else's bag/ house etc

None of them have tops on.

My pencil case contains 5 board pens. This is fairly useful at the moment, except when I want to write a letter and there's no whiteboard at hand.Oh, and one pencil. And some staples. And a Christmas decoration somebody crocheted for me.

You may be mildly more organised than I am!

Steph/ven said...

I don't have a favourite pen as such either, although I do tend to stick with the same pen over time purely out of habit.

I have a pot o'pens on my desk at work, two pens in my jacket pocket, and a bunch of pens in my computer desk at home. And two pencil cases bursting at the seams with pens that won't fit in any of these other places. Every single pen that requires a lid has it firmly attached.

I think it's fair to say I'm a tad more organised than you.

Chris M said...

I would love to claim I have the pen, and that I am holding it for randsom.

But I am not.

And so I can't.

End of matter.