Thursday, February 08, 2007

Ah, tact

Sometimes, I wonder if anyone else really exists. I sometimes think the universe would make more sense if I actually was plugged into some sort of Matrix-esque machine that projects an illusion of the 'real world' into my mind. And it would really make more sense if I was in some sort of "Better Than Life" game controlled by my subconscious, given that my subconscious actively hates me (honestly, did it really need to wake me up every 90 minutes last night?).

In addition, there are those individuals I have met, and those that I have not met. These include the people who I've met online, the people I interact with on message boards, and almost everyone you see on TV. I have an even harder time believing in the existence of these people - as far as I know, these could very well be creations of the supercomputer trying to drive me mad, rogue AI running around, or whatever.

So, anyway... my 'cactus blog' post was meant to be funny, because who wouldn't find the reflections of a plant amusing? The stuff about people keeping blogs for their pets was supposed to be a bit of funny context. (And, I don't recall actually writing anything bad about such people, I just commented that it was strange there were so many of them.)

But, it appears Welsherella was upset by that post, as she is amongst those who blogs for a pet. Therefore, despite having never met her, and therefore not really believing that she exists, I would like to take this opportunity to appologise for any hurt I may have caused.

(Apparently, some people are a bit touchy about being told they might not exist. Just in case, therefore, I'll just point out the title of the post, and my comment about 'funny context'. It may be possible that I don't really think that, after all.)

1 comment:

Amy said...

You see, I have no problem believing that you exist, because I've met Chris and Juliet and they have told me that you do. But I was struggling with believing your cactus exists...
I am not offended (if that is a genuine apology, in which case I apologise for being so convincing a liar that you thought I was upset) by either of your "funny context" posts. In fact, I thought them quite witty.
Also, I like very much the title of this post. Mainly because I possess so little of it myself.