Friday, March 30, 2007

Yeah, I'm not going to touch that one...

An obsessive reader of my blog would yesterday have seen three different versions of the previous post. In the first version, I wrote something that, read in the manner intended, seemed okay. However, it could be read another way, that was very definately not something I wanted to say. So, a couple of hours later, I revised the text to say something else. But, although the new version was better, it still left me rather uneasy, and so I took down the offending paragraph entirely.

I have decided not to revisit it at all. The topic that is touched on is rather grim and depressing, and although I have strong opinions on the matter, actually expressing those opinions runs a very great risk of saying the wrong thing. And, given the nature of the topic, I feel it is therefore best to say nothing at all.

4 comments:

Captain Ric said...

I find that only after a good long while do I know someone well enough to know that they're going to take what I say in the manner intended. Unfortunately people seem to read the worst into things we say rather than the best (which is almost always what I intend). I suspect the same is true of you as well. So yeah, internet probably not the way to go.

Amy said...

I am not obsessive enough, clearly... But I am very grateful that somebody I tagged did the meme requested! :)

Steph/ven said...

Ah, but did you guess any of the fascinating facts?

Amy said...

I didn't guess them, but I wasn't surprised by them. (Does that worry you?!) I was, however, very impressed with numbers two and five.