Sunday, May 27, 2007

Competition Two

Yesterday the band were at Bathgate. The only thing I won was a bad sunburn.

We came sixth, out of ten, instead of our previous eighth out of 25. And, in fact, all of the bands at yesterday's competition were at Dunbar, and we beat all but three of them. Which means we're getting worse!

The good news from this is that I'm not responsible for our plight. I'm one of the strongest pipers in the band, and thrive under pressure, so am doing well enough. The bad news is that I don't see the band improving any in the weeks to come - I suspect we've done about as well as we can expect to this season. Which is pretty damning comment, but I fear it's warranted. It strikes me that there isn't enough strength in depth in the band generally, and it strikes me also that the ambitions of too many of the players are rather limited.

It's all quite unfortunate.

No comments: