Friday, March 07, 2008

Not the best of hosts

And, speaking of the Captain's big day, we had the Stag Night last weekend. Now, it's important to note that what happens on the Stag Night stays on the Stag Night. So, I won't be speaking about it, ever, and so don't ask.

That said, part of the events of the day involved a very large number of people descending on my Fortress of Solitude, which led to me playing host to a fairly large party.

I don't like crowds. Therefore, for most of this spell, I found myself banished to my own kitchen, conversing with whoever happened to be there. It's fair to say that I may not be the best host for a party in the world.

(Alternately, it might be fair to say that I am the best host for a party, on the grounds that I just let people get on with having a good time without getting in the way. I suspect this latter isn't true, though.)

1 comment:

Kezzie said...

I know JUST what you mean. I spent a whole stack of time preparing for my 22nd birthday party in Bali, cooking and get ready, and when everyone got there, I just wanted to go and hide in my room. And in fact, anytime we had parties there where I lived, I always ended up hiding in my room reading! Mad isn't it!
(That said, I did enjoy my house-group tea-party I had a couple of years ago, hmmm, maybe I'll have another one...)