Friday, June 20, 2008

Only 50% psychic

Yesterday I arrived at band to find that the Pipe Major had called an emergency meeting. "Oh hell," I thought, "he's going to quit." I looked around the room at the assembled band members, and concluded that there was no-one in the band who was likely to take over.

Right then. Time to plan how I'm going to take the band forward. What should be the short-term plans, the medium-term plans, and the long-term plans?

The meeting began, and sure enough, the Pipe Major had decided to step down. He had a new job, which would take him away for too much time, and anyway things hadn't really been going to plan.

However... he'd found his successor. One of his friends, a Grade One piper, and a guy who had come to help us tune up at several competitions in the last year, had agreed to take over, if this was acceptable to the rest of the band.

So, I dodged a bullet there. I feel almost Neo-like in my mad skillz.

And now we wait and see: where will the new guy take us from here?

No comments: