Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Day Three

Still not getting enough sleep.

Noted this morning that I only have one more day on the Shredded Wheat to go, and then I'm on to the Sugar Puffs. It's only a small thing to look forward to, but it's something at least.

Noted also that I have lost two pounds since the weekend. I dread to contemplate the obvious connection there.

Went to work, and found the moat flooded (in the UK, we not only all live in castles, but we work in them too). Managed somehow to avoid being eaten by the vicious crocodiles in the moat.

Finished the easy-but-tedious task! Huzzah! Now I only have the absurdly difficult task to complete by the weekend, and I'm golden.

Lunch was sandwiches, without distraction. I think the meat may have been slightly off, and the bread was definately slightly stale. Still, I think I made my point.

And then the first party of the week, as mentioned in my previous post. Very exciting. No more invitations received. Tomorrow is Graeme's 22nd, which should be... quiet, I think. Although he's not actually 22 until Friday, so it's all a bit of a cheat.

Didn't feel terribly well this evening. At one point, I actually thought my heart had stopped, but then I realised that I've actually been dead for the past year anyway, so it wasn't that. Turned out to be indigestion. Still, it was a little worrying, even though I shouldn't have anything to worry about on that score (playing the bagpipes is excellent cardio-vascular exercise, so although my blood pressure is somewhat high, there shouldn't be a problem there).

And now, the mystery: will I sleep tonight?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your life is non stop action packed. It makes me dizzy just reading about it! How do you cope?

Steph/ven said...

Mostly, I don't. I'm mostly running on caffeine and willpower at this point. The only other thing keeping my upright are visions of Monday morning, when I will be on holiday and therefore able to not bother getting up.