Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Experimental Cookery Tuesday #2: Spicy Moroccan Stewed Fish with Couscous

I do not like fish. This is a universal law, much like "every action has an equal and opposite reaction", "energy cannot be created or destroyed", or "in Scotland, it rains". But Jamie said today's meal was fish, and who was I to argue with Jamie?

So, yesterday I spoke with Tesco's fishmonger, yesterday I bought some fish, today I cooked the fish, and then, at great risk to life and limb, I ate the fish.

So, how was it?

Well, as with last week, it was rather fiddly to put together. Lots and lots of steps, that were individually simple, but had a cumulative weight to them. However, it was significantly cheaper than last week - fish is much less expensive than good quality steak.

And in terms of taste?

Well, I'm not a fan. It was okay, and amongst the nicer fish meals I've had (better than sushi, not as good as calamari). But, still, very far from being the best thing ever.

I don't think I'll be having this one again.

Sadly, next week is another fish dish: Quick Salmon Tikka with Cucumber Yoghurt.

No comments: