Friday, February 13, 2009

Contacting me

As you know, I will be moving home in just over a week. This leads to the question: how will you contact me?

Well, here is the answer:

By phone:

It appears likely that my telephone number will actually remain unchanged. This is yet to be confirmed.

However, I'm also now leaning towards the notion of essentially getting rid of a home phone, and instead switching to my mobile by preference. So, if you want to call me, that's the better option. (If nothing else, I always have my mobile with me, but rarely take my home phone to work.)

By email:

My email address will be remaining unchanged for the time being. I am considering switching to an address that is not tied to a particular provider (GMail or Hotmail), with a view to then being much more mercenary in dealing with providers, but I have not done so yet.

If you are one of the handful of people who are used to contacting me by Hotmail, and are therefore confused by the last paragraph, I shall note that a long time ago, when first setting up my other blog, it was recommended that I should get a 'throwaway' account for trapping spam. Hence was born that Hotmail address. Over time, I have started to use it for more than that, although it still isn't my main address (it is named after a character in a Vampire: the Masquerade campaign I ran, which makes it fairly unique, but not really suitable for 'real-world' use where I sometimes have to email landlords, prospective employers, and so forth).

By post:

Don't use my current address for anything new that you send! If you want my new postal address, text me some time after next week. Alternately, anything that you send to my parents' home address will find its way to me eventually.

Finally:

If you're reading this and saying, "but I don't know what your phone/email/address is!", then I have some bad news. You won't be able to contact me using these methods! If and when we meet, though, feel free to demand the answers from me. Of course, I might lie...

7 comments:

M said...

I want all of your contact information and I want it now!

How else will I send you that huge cheque to help with your moving expenses?

Or stalk you?

Or fill your inbox with spam.

Or call you at midnight?

Amy said...

Will you not be blogging? :( I am looking forward to torturing your contact information out of you at The Wedding of the Year!

Steph/ven said...

Molly: When you say "huge cheque", just how huge do you really mean? I know it's one of those comedy giant cheques, but does it require two people to carry, or three, or can one person alone manage?

Le Welsh: I will be blogging, although there may be a gap while they sort my internet out at the new place. And, of course, getting broadband in Falkirk can be a bit of an ordeal...

Anonymous said...

I have tested out your mobile number in replying to your text and can confirm that it is working. I will get your postal address when I see you at The Wedding of the Year!
x

M said...

Enormous, impossible for one person to handle!

Steph/ven said...

What's with the increasingly shortened name? First it was Molly, then me, and now just M...

Are you secretly James Bond's boss?

M said...

Oh dear, you have sussed me out! I am in hiding from a real life stalker!