Monday, February 09, 2009

No Snow Day for Steph/ven

It started snowing just after 3 yesterday afternoon, and got progressively heavier as the night went on. After "Lost", I looked out the window and saw it was still snowing, which led me to think that maybe, just maybe, I might be snowed in.

Snow Day!

Except that I looked out the window again at 11:30, just before heading to bed, and the snow had stopped. And, when I woke up this morning it appeared that it had not snowed further, and so the roads were passable with care. (In fact, only my own street even particularly required the "with care" part. The rest were all clear.

No Snow Day! Boo!

Which is a shame, really, since I had it all planned out. See, the thing about Snow Days is that you can't schedule them, which means you have to arrange you time as though they aren't coming. So, if you do get one, it's bonus time.

Naturally, therefore, Snow Days must always only be used in the most frivolous of pursuits. To spend the day doing laundry, or marking textbooks, or preparing for a test would be to make a mockery of this most precious gift.

And so, the plan was to spend the morning catching up on the latest TV, followed by a couple of hours of light reading. Lunch would have been toasted cheese, for no other reason than I could. Then, in the afternoon, I would have sought out a snowball fight somewhere in the region. And, as the opportunity allowed, I would have built a snow fort, complete with ramparts and crenelations. Afterwards, I would have retired to my apartment for a dinner consisting of pizza and Irn Bru, followed by an evening of "Stargate: Atlantis", assuming band was cancelled.

Instead, here I am at work. Which is fun too.

#7: "Diamonds Are Forever" by Ian Fleming

1 comment:

Kezzie said...

Ok, so I marked some tests, I had to do it at some point, so why not when I had ample time. I felt much better for doing it! I did watch copious amounts of Friends and read lots of lovely books and crunched around in the snow. Sorry you didn't get any snowtime!