Monday, April 13, 2009

100 days

I meant to post this on Friday, but didn't find the time. We're now 103 days into 2009, and so it's time to once again revisit the goals for the year. Unfortunately, it has only been three weeks since these were formalised, but there has actually been some movement, so...
  1. Super Secret Goal #1. Nothing to report here - there has simply been no movement at all.
  2. Super Secret Goal #2. Within days of this being dropped into my post, the goal immediately had to be dropped. Simply put, I have more important things to be dealing with.
  3. Books. I'm still at 13 books read. I've become somewhat bogged down in "Watership Down". Still, I have picked out the other three books for this month, and should be able to race through one or two of them. Plus, the major time sink that has slowed me down has now ended, which should help.
  4. Weight loss. I had to adjust my scales this morning, and found they were off slightly. Not hugely so, but enough to negate the weight loss of the last couple of weeks. Annoying. Still eight pounds to do.
  5. New skill. I'm probably settled on learning Spanish, as I think that's the most useful option. However, I'm holding off on this until the second half of the year.
  6. Car fund. I'm most of the way there. That said, May is a 'five-weeker', a month in which there are five Fridays between paydays, which is never good. I should get there, I think.
  7. General finances. The same situation that knocked out #2 above threw this one into chaos. I'm not going to talk about this any further, but it's likely that most of this will have to be placed on the back burner indefinately. Needless to say, I'm really hoping that I won't actually have to buy a new car after all.
  8. Band. The first competition is in four weeks' time, and should give us a good indication of how things are going to go.
  9. The house move. The Sky box seems to be working as it should, and the house-warming party was last weekend, so those are done. The rest remains on hold due to the same situation as #7 and #2.
  10. TV. I'm all caught up on TV, but now have to try to cut down to the target of six and a half hours. This means dropping about three shows from rotation, with "South Park" and "Robin Hood" the two most likely to be sacrificed at the moment. (And that's a major shock about "South Park", but it seems to have become truly awful of late.)
  11. RPGs. There's been no movement on this front at all.

No comments: