Friday, May 01, 2009

Thank goodness that's over!

April was a bad month. Too much of life just didn't work, there was too much stress and, with the exception of two Saturdays, a painful lack of anything good happening. It started badly, with a warning of tough times ahead (actually, on the 31st of March), and then continued as a never-ending slog of stress, badness, and general unpleasantness.

Thank goodness that's over.

May, on the other hand, carries the promise of not only being a good month, but actually of being a great month. We'll see how long it lasts, but for now there's a great deal to look forward to:

Firstly, there's... oops, can't talk about that.

And then there's... ah, not going to talk about that either. (Don't ask: International Man of Mystery stuff.)

Also, this month sees the start of the competition season. The first event is a week tomorrow, at which point we'll see if all the effort we've put in over the last six months has been worth it. For the moment, I'm cautiously optimistic.

This month will also see the season-ends of "Terminator: SCC" (actually finished last night, but I haven't watched it yet), "24", "Lost", "Prison Break" and probably "Fringe". So that's a lot of good TV there. And "Terminator", "24" and "Lost" have been particularly good this year.

Of course, all those shows ending also means that I get my TV viewing under control, in line with one of my stated goals. I'm also planning on getting caught up on my reading this weekend (I'm about two days behind), and this month should see me reach my savings target towards my new car (ready to find out in June whether I'll actually need a new car or not). So, by the end of the month, I should have abandoned one goal, completed two, be nearing the completion of two others, and have another two well in hand.

And, added bonus: I have a bunch of extra holidays I get to take this month, if I can find a good reason.

As I said, it looks like it should be a good month.

#17: "Star Wars: Invincible" by Troy Denning

No comments: