Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Experimental Cookery Tuesday #41: Everyday Chopped Salad

I tell you what, if I ever buy another cookbook (which I might), I certainly won't be doing a week-by-week review of the contents! I might still work through it in order (I think that has worked really well), but I won't be posting more than once per chapter!

The "Everyday Chopped Salad" had an inauspicious start, as I found myself making really slow progress, and making a bit of a mess. I thought I was heading for another culinary disaster. Then I switched to using my big knife, as the book had suggested, rather than the knife I had used to chop the tomato for my lunch, and suddenly it worked a whole lot better. Who would have thought?

It turned out that the chopped salad worked really well. The combination of the cheese and the avocado was a particular highlight, I thought. All in all, quite a success.

This brings us to 5-3 in favour of salads. Next week is another salad from the chopped family, this being "Posh Chopped Salad". Presumably because it includes smoked salmon, which is a particularly haughty fish.

1 comment:

Captain Ric said...

I'm really enjoying the reviews, for what it's worth.