Thursday, June 25, 2009

Experimental Cookery 'Tuesday' #42: Posh Chopped Salad

I popped into Tesco on my way home last night and picked up the missing chicory, allowing me to complete the salad. From there, it was a simple task to wash all the veg, and then proceed to chop them into ever smaller pieces. Mix, season, and we're done.

I'm actually quite enjoying these chopped salads. I rather wish he'd done a pick-and-mix guide to this style of salad as he did for other salads, but alas it seems it was not to be.

Anyway, the posh chopped salad was another winner, despite its reliance on smoked salmon. Of particular note were the radishes, which I had had before, but not for a great many years. This brings the score to 6-3 in favour of salads, with two to go.

Next week, we have a "Mediterranean Chopped Salad", followed by a rice salad, and then I'm done. The next chapter is soups, but I'm skipping that until I have finished the breakfasts, and so I'll be moving to "Homely Mince", which starts with burgers. Huzzah!

No comments: