Sunday, January 17, 2010

Noooooo!

The exhaust on my car started making a funny noise on Friday. A trip to Kwik-Fit confirms that one of the sections nas been damaged, and would need to be replaced. However, the cost to replace is greater than I am willing to spend to keep the car on the road, and so the time has come for a new car.

Sadly, this means that I won't be able to get my car up to the 150,000 miles I had hoped to reach before replacing it in June; in fact, on my way to look at a new car today it reached 144,000 miles. Still, a nice, respectable total for a car that has done me great service.

It will be sad to see it go. On the other hand: new car!

#4: "Star Wars: The Clone Wars Campaign Guide", by Rodney Thompson, Patrick Stutzman, and JD Wiker
#5: "USB Complete", by Jan Axelson
#6: "Nation", by Terry Pratchett

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does the manual count towards your book target?

Steph/ven said...

Yep. If it has covers and the publisher describes it as a book, then it's a book.

A short story collection (or compilation version of a trilogy) would count as a single book, as there is one set of covers. eBooks don't count at all - no covers.

But the topic doesn't matter, and neither does the length.

Captain Ric said...

eBooks have to count. That's just a silly rule.

Steph/ven said...

It doesn't matter - I didn't read any ebooks last year, I have no intention of reading any ebooks this year, and I hope never to have to read any ebooks. I really dislike the format.