Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Experimental Cookery 2014: Scrumptious Spicy Chicken Fajitas with Guacamole, Salsa & Sour Cream

The first Experimental Cookery of 2014 came from Lorraine's "Fast, Fresh and Easy Food", which is definitely one of my favourite books. The method did lie, unfortunately - it took rather more than 30 minutes to prepare these!

This was actually rather good fun. The salsa, and the guacamole were both hand-made, while the sour cream was improved by the addition of chives. At no point in the process was it particularly difficult; it just took a while.

The end result was... curious. It wasn't even close to as spicy as I had expected, nor as I think I would have preferred. But they were a distinct improvement on the Old El Paso ones, and were also a bit better than Jamie's ones from the "Ministry of Food". I think I may have found the version that persuades me to switch away from the pre-bought packs, although I'm going to do some tweaking of the spice mix next time.

Beyond that, there's not much to say. Unlike the Old El Paso version, we weren't left with way too much food, which was nice, although LC was able to get tomorrow's lunch from it (which is also nice). So, all in all, a winner!

No comments: