How is it that you can start the year with three maintenance tasks to do around the place, spend some time working really hard to clear two of them, and end up with five? And how does that five manage to include all three of those original tasks?
In case you were wondering, here are the five...
- Bathroom ceiling. This has been an eyesore for a long time, so last weekend I spent some time stripping down the affected areas, re-plastered them, and painted them. It's now much better than it was. Unfortunately, though, when the paint dried it also contracted, and thus has cracked. Basically, it needs re-done. Which was pretty devastating after all the work I did last weekend.
- LC's car. This went in to get fixed, a process taking three days. But it was done, and finished. Until, that is, we received a courtesy call from the people who sold us the car trying to offer us an MOT and service, which are now due.
- The carpets need cleaned properly.
- My car has now developed a worrying rattle.
- And the latest annoyance in my life: something has gone wrong with our boiler. We still have heating, thank goodness, but no hot water.
It's all just annoying, and frankly this latest problem was the last thing I needed after a fairly rotten week.