Friday, August 28, 2015

Experimental Cookery 2015 #31: Sizzling Beef Steak with Hoi Sin Prawn and Noodle Bowls

I am never making this one again!

This was another entry from "Jamie's Fifteen Minute Meals", which I'm generally enjoying. However, unlike previous entries in the series, I'm pretty sure I could never get this one down to less than half an hour, even if you don't count the preparation work (which is considerable). The issue is that at one point the method calls for leaving a screaming hot wok unattended while getting something else ready, which I wasn't happy doing tonight and won't be happy doing in future. Plue there were at least two occasions I thought I was about to set myself on fire. It just wasn't a pleasant cooking experience at all.

That said, having survived the ordeal the resulting meal was very nice indeed. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Just not enough to do it again.

#42: "D&D: Princes of the Apocalypse", by Wizards of the Coast

No comments: