Thursday, October 08, 2015

Experimental Cookery 2015 #40: Italian Meatballs with Chunky Tomato Sauce

This week's meal comes from the first "Hairy Dieters" book (the white cover). It was fairly simple: meatballs in tomato sauce isn't exactly a challenge! But it was a little odd grating up some carrot to bulk out the meatballs.

Still, it was simple and pretty quick, and the end result was nice. I don't think this book has let us down, certainly not very often. So, a success. (Still, I think I might stick to other meatball mixes in future - these were nice, but the carrot wasn't entirely convincing.)

(And, yes, this meal does put me a day behind schedule. Oddly, I'm not hugely worried about that!)

#48: "Pathfinder: Turn of the Torrent", by Mike Shel
#49: "Beyond the Pool of Stars", by Howard Andrew Jones

No comments: