Sunday, May 29, 2016

Day 150: Update on Goals

2016 is now 150 days old, so it's time for another update:

  • Weight: The less said about this the better, I think.
  • Books: This continues to go well. By this point I should be 24.6 books into my target, and I'm well beyond that. I'm also still up-to-date on all the sub-lists as well, which is good. Plus, I've pretty much got my books for the rest of the year picked out. All in all, this one is going very well.
  • Games: Gaming has hit a bit of a rough patch, with both sessions five and six of "Dust to Dust" having to be cancelled and rescheduled. Still, it continues in the pattern of roughly one session a month, which is fine. I'm now looking towards the end of the campaign as well, though there's a fairly long way to go.
  • Super Secret Goal #4: There's not a lot to report here - we've had a bit of a setback on one front, but given the lack of movement on the other it's not a huge deal. We remain in a "wait and see" position. It would be really nice to have this all done and dusted by the end of the school summer holidays, but this is rapidly becoming unlikely.
  • Band: The season has gotten off to a mixed start. There have been some disappointments, but there's also still some reason for optimism. So, wait and see, I guess.

So that's where we stand - one goal is going extremely well, one is going okay but less well than previously, one has had a disappointing setback, and one is a disaster area. The lone remaining "not really goal" is okay so far, but harder to predict going forward.

All in all, this is a fairly disappointing round-up, though the potential exists for things to improve markedly in the next few weeks. We'll see.

No comments: