Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Day 150: Update on Goals

So, day 150 and time for another update. And things are still in a bit of a mess...

  • Weight: There's been no progress since the previous update, largely as a result of Lent ending.
  • Books: By day 150 I should have read 24.7 books, so I'm a little ahead there. I'm also up-to-date on all the sublists, which is good. Unfortunately, it looks like there's an issue with the "Pathfinder Tales" novel line, which means that that sublist is on hiatus - it's not clear when, or indeed if, that will be resumed. Fortunately, I have enough "New Books" picked out to take me to my 60-book target, though, so I'm not too concerned - I'll just rejig my spreadsheet accordingly.
  • Super Secret Goal #4: We've had some significant movement on this lately, although we've not yet moved. I'm avoiding writing too much on this for now, out of superstitious dread, but it's looking good...
  • Part Five: The House: For now, this remains on hold.
  • Part Five: Church: Likewise, this remains on hold for now.
  • Part Five: Band: The competition season has started, and initial signs are positive. The band is now facing an issue with our practice venues, such that it looks like we'll have to find a new venue for all our practices. It is now my intention to see out the rest of the season and then tender my resignation at the AGM in September. Ideally, I would like to see the band gain promotion out of Grade 4B as I leave, but I fear that may be too much to ask.
  • Part Five: Gaming: On hold.
  • Super Secret Goal #5: As noted in the previous update, this goal is no longer applicable.

On the face of it, this is another routine update. But I'm now expecting movement on the house move very soon, so things are a lot happier than they might seem.

The next update, for Day 200, is due on the 19th of July, and I'm hopeful there will something solid to report then...

No comments: